4 runs (including 2 races) for 34 miles
1 mile swim
Running miles logged so far: 523.4
- New 5k PR on Tuesday, when I participated in the Amazing Raise 5k. This is a fundraising race where each entrant runs for their chosen non-profit in hopes of nabbing a cash prize for best in age group. I ran for my beloved Richmond Symphony and really made an all out effort. For the first time ever during a race, I felt like I might actually get sick from over-exertion, but I didn't and was so bound and determined to give it my all that it didn't stop me either. Unfortunately, my 23:04, though a PR for me by 2 full minutes, was not a winner in my age group. Turns out I had the women's overall winner (who did an 18:43) as well as the next 4 top women in my age group (lucky me). I finished 6th of 122 in my age group but 10th female overall, which I feel pretty proud about. And did I mention that this was not a flat course? No indeed - very hilly actually.
- Wednesday featured my first ever twofer. Kit and I hit Riverside Drive in the morning. Along the way I twisted my ankle/foot on the Pony Pasture trails, even though there was no visible obstacle. Being the stubborn person I am, I kept going. (But it only hurts when I'm not running - I swear!). Iced it all day at work and then met up with a gaggle of folks at the Sports Backer's open house run. Marcey and I did a nice little 3 miler, giving me the grant total of 12 for the day.
- Bonus run on Friday morning 'cause the weather was just too nice to pass up!
- Second PR of the week at the Philly Rock 'n Roll Half Marathon. Perfect weather, nice course, and made myself a new running buddy who helped me rock out the last 7 miles of this race (featuring two sub-8:00 miles, one being mile 13!). A more detailed race report to follow.
- My problematic and apparently incredibly weak left ankle has got me on edge. I opted not to run with my ankle compression sleeve at Philly because it has a tendency to cut into the bottom of my foot, but I feel like I need some kind of support for Steamtown. So... I'm not exactly sure what to do. I meant to go grab an AOS ankle brace at the local medical supply store to test it out before this weekend's scheduled 20 miler, but I haven't had the time and already logged this week's miles (meaning no test run before Saturday).