3 runs for 26.6 miles
1 mile swim
Running miles logged so far: 313.2 (It feels like many more than that to me!)
- I don't really feel like this week had highlights or lowlights... it kind of just was.
- The 5 miles of speedwork on Monday, the day after the 18 miler, was not a good idea. It felt ok while we were doing it, but by Monday evening my legs were done. I felt tired for the rest of the week.
- My "Divas" Weekend with Marcey was GREAT... except for the race part. The DC Wine Country Divas Half Marathon was a bad experience from the minute we entered the packet pick up until the minute we drove away post-race. The organizers have already been ripped a new one all over their Facebook page, but I'll add my own two cents in a race review later this week.
- Until this week, marathon training had seemed like no big deal or change to my regular routine. This week, I was tired and starving 100% of the time. And for the first time, I didn't feel like running or cross training. I just wanted to stay in bed. No rest for the weary... the training cycle marching on to November 16...
- That being said, after an incredibly challenging half marathon on Saturday during which I nearly PRd (and if you take away the extra .2 miles on the course, that I did PR), I feel more confident about being able to do this thing in November.
- Why is there always an extra return in between my first bold heading and my first bullet when I use Blogger? It really annoys me and I haven't been able to figure out why I can't get rid of it. GAH!
Hydration Belt Status:
- Unchanged. Starting to think this thing was a big fat waste of cash.
Gold Star of the Week:
- Marcey, for being a great friend and for rocking out a PR of her own on the Divas 5k course.
|We look happy, but inside we are fuming.|
At least we looked good, right?
This week I've already completed Monday's speed work (it was a b*tch too, I must say) and a 1 mile swim today (which was way easier than my last one). Tomorrow evening I am going to accompany a good friend as she does her first ever 5k, so I'm really excited about that.
Saturday is a 19 miler with Team Navy.