Also without fail, here is my marathon training report:
4 runs for 23.3 miles
No cross training (bad)
Running miles logged so far: 92.3
This week was a little bit wonky because of the holiday, and as you can see I broke one of my big rules and ended up running not only 2 days back-to-back, but THREE. Cross training just didn't happen, though I did my usual combo of planks, stretches, and crunches every night.
- A perfectly executed progressive speed work run completed on Monday.
- A real tempo run on Wednesday, as opposed to the usual, "Let's just run fast."
- Placed 3rd in my age group at the Patriots 5k on July 4th.
|I placed first in "stupid jumping pictures."|
- Survived the first double-digit run of this training cycle: a solo 10 miler on Friday. No music, no company... just me, my crazy thoughts, and an overall average pace of 8:47.
|Ten miles of SWEAT.|
- Not exactly a "lowlight", but I really missed running with Team Navy this week. I was out of town on Saturday and had to get the 10 miler in by myself on Friday morning. It made me wonder how in the world I did those weeks of marathon training (take 1) by myself last year.
- My mind was on my foot this week. It hasn't been hurting but I have been aware of it... and the more I think about it, the more I think it feels funny. During the ten-miler, I opted to run four laps on the dreaded vita course just in case something went terribly wrong and I needed assistance. Honestly, I think the whole thing is 50% mental and 50% the fact that my foot swells at the drop of a hat these days and I think the discomfort is more from the foot swelling in my shoe than from anything else.
- Breaking the rules and running three days in a row. It just happened that way, ok? I was scared about it (there's the mental part of my foot discomfort), and luckily it was fine, but I will not be making a habit of it.
This week I vow to add my cross training back in and am looking forward to 11 miles with Team Navy on Saturday!