Last week, SUAR (Shut Up and Run) posted this and I figured why not.
1. Best run ever: This was a hard one to decide, but I'm going to go with the first time I ever ran 3 miles. It was at the indoor track at the Y and I remember that when I was done I felt like I had just conquered the world... and that my legs were so tired I thought I couldn't walk to the locker room. I'm pretty sure it was this run that got me addicted because I proved to myself that not only could I run, it felt GREAT when I was finished. (2nd place for this is the Shamrock Half Marathon last year).
2. Three words that describe my running: methodical, steady, social
3. My go-to running outfit is: Lulu speed shorts or skirt and a Lulu cool racerback
4. Quirky habit while running: If I'm on a treadmill, I find that I sing along to my iPod (whoops). And I always ALWAYS have to round out my run so that it ends up being a .5 or .0, even if that means running past my car and walking back.
5. Morning, midday, or evening: I'm one of those weirdo evening runners. I HATE mornings and becase I have a 9-5 job, I haven't really had the opportunity to try out midday.
6. I won't run outside when it's: more than 90 degrees and humid. Yay Richmond summers... NOT. I also won't run in the pouring rain... my fear of blisters is too great. But snow and cold are fine with me!
7. Worst injury - and how I got over it: The broken foot I am currently living through. I haven't gotten over it yet, but I can't wait to return to my normal routine.
8. I feel most like a badass runner when: I complete a new distance PR and don't feel like death afterwards.
9. Next race is: I really hope I'll be able to do a Turkey Trot 5k in Hagerstown on Thanksgiving. It all depends on the foot and how long it takes to heal. If I'm not ready for that, then I'm aiming for a Jingle Bell run or something small in December.
10. Potential running goal for 2013: Recover from my injury and get back into shape for the Shamrock Half in March... then run the darn Richmond Marathon in November 2013 and KICK SOME ASS.